Young Entrepreneurs for Myanmar (YE4M)
Young Entrepreneurs for Myanmar (YE4M) is a business management training course for aspiring and existing young entrepreneurs in Myanmar offered by the Center for Vocational Training (CVT) in collaboration with the Swiss Academy for Development (SAD).
- Optional 2-days orientation course: key economic concepts and principles, overview on legal forms of business ownership and fundamentals of business organization and financial accounting.
- Main course provides business fundamentals on topics such as:
- Innovation & creativity
- Strategic planning
- Sales and marketing
- Human resource management
- Basic accounting and financial management
- Business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Practical exercises allow students to move theory into practice and write a full-fledged business plan.
The students’ learning experience is enhanced by guest lectures of Myanmar business people and locally relevant case studies that will enable participants to understand entrepreneurship through experiences.
Through the program’s mentoring component course participants will gain access to experienced business owners who provide who will provide critical support to translate initial ideas for starting a business into a viable business plan, build up business relationships or secure access to finance and business development services. Course graduates with solid business plans will be eligible to apply for a low-interest loan (start-up or expansion capital) up to 1,200,000 kyats.
Dates of next courses:
Term of application: Applicants may fill in the application form and answer the essay questions. The ones with scholarship additionally have to submit two recommendation letters. All the applicants may be subject to an in-person inter-view which will be conducted by a selection panel of CVT – Myanmar or Project Team. Based on their application, recommendation letters and interview results, candidates will be chosen to participate in the Young Entrepreneurs program.
For further details see application documents for download.
- 28 Training Units / 84 Hours
- Orientation Course – 6 Hours
- Main Course – 72 Hours
- Business Plan presentation – 6 Hours
- Young people who intend to start their own business
- Young entrepreneurs who are planning to grow business and want to improve their business management skills
- Women’s participation will be strongly encouraged
- Priority will be given to applicants under 35 years
CVT- Myanmar : Young Entrepreneurs for Myanmar (YE4M)